Triple Crown Pageant Application
On behalf of the Triple Crown Pageant Committee & RI Pride, we thank you for your interest to be a contestant in the 2017 Triple Crown Pageant. The pageant will be held on April 9th, 2017 at THE COLOSSEUM, located at 180 Pine St. Providence, RI 02903. This application contains the information you will need for entry and to prepare yourself for competition in the Triple Crown Pageant:
- Official application and contestant information sheets
- A list of general guidelines and requirements
- Description of all the judging categories for Triple Crown Pageant
- Itinerary for the Triple Crown Pageant
- Contestant bio information and special instruction sheets
All submissions will become the property of RI Pride and will not be returned.
There will be a MANDATORY meeting of all contestants at 7:00pm Monday, March 13th - this meeting will be held at the Colosseum, located at 180 Pine St. Providence, RI 02903. This meeting is required to review the pageant program, walkthrough of the pageant venue and to select contestant numbers.
We ask that all contestants arrive at the venue in the following groupings on Saturday, April 8, 2017 for PRIVATE INTERVIEW & TALENT REHEARSAL:
Contestants for Miss Gay Rhode Island & Ms. Lesbian Rhode Island –
Registration begins at 12:00pm; Interviews begin at 1:00pm
Contestants for Mr. Gay Rhode Island & Mx. Bisexual Rhode Island –
Registration begins at 2:00pm; Interviews begin at 3:00pm
Talent performances should be no longer than four minutes and thirty seconds(4:30).
We are using 100 point scoring system. Each judge can give each contestant a maximum of 100 points through all phases of competition. The breakdown is as follows:
- Private Interview worth 30 points
- Talent worth 30 points
- Theme Costume 20 points
- Formal Wear worth 20 points
Please take a moment to read ALL the requirements for the pageant, make sure that you are able to meet all the prescribed duties and understand all the rules and regulations of the event and what the title entails. If you have any questions please call 401-467-2130 or e-mail email@example.com. We look forward to your participation in the 2017 Triple Crown Pageant and wish you all the best as you embark on your endeavor to be one of the 2017 title holders.
Yours in Pride,
2017 Triple Crown Pageant Committee
1. All contestants must be Rhode Island residents or within a 20 mile radius of Providence. at the time of application. Proof of residency or employment is required with application submission.
2. Contestants must be 18 years of age or older on the day of the pageant.
3. Former title holders are not eligible to run for the same title.
4. Each contestant will be allowed one (1) dresser. Dressers will be provided event credentials, individuals not displaying credentials will be asked to leave the backstage area.
5. Dancers are permitted during their associated performances and are required to exit the stage/dressing area after their performance is completed.
6. Names of all dancers and dressers must be given at the time of application.
7. Contestants must remain in the assigned area at all times, contestants that leave the assigned contestant areas could have points deducted at the discretion of the judges/pageant committee chair(s).
8. Any contestant(s) or person(s) that appropriates the use of nudity, live animals or vulgar language while participating in the pageant will be disqualified and removed from the location of the contest.
*The use of liquid, glitter, or confetti is prohibited for safety purposes
9. Any contestant or persons affiliated with a contestant who misappropriates the property of another contestant, violates any law regarding the abuse of alcohol or illegal drugs, or is caught the act of stealing will be disqualified and removed from the location of the contest.
Rules/ Requirements during the Reign
1. RI Pride, along with the outgoing titleholders, will escort the new title holders, the night of the Triple Crown Pageant, to area clubs and/or bars to introduce the new Reign to the public as time permits.
2. RI Pride will assist the titleholders with promotion of events via the Rhode Island Pride eNewsletter, OPTIONS Newsmagazine, the RIGLBT List-Serv, and our website, www.Prideri.com.
3. Rhode Island Pride will manage all expenses and revenues for the reigning titleholders’ particular fundraising/community projects.
1. Term of title is for the period of one year (typically from Pageant to Pageant).
2. All titleholders are required to plan/host a minimum of (1) fundraiser for the benefit of the GLBTQ community, (1) other community-based project(s), and (1) fundraiser for the benefit of Rhode Island Pride with the option of said fundraiser being a joint event planned by ALL three titleholders. Community-based projects may include volunteering for a non-profit agency, educational workshops, neighborhood cleanup, community outreach etc. It is our hope that the title holders incorporate their life into their role as the reigning title holder of the Triple Crown Pageant.
3. Any activities as titleholder are to be done under the name of Triple Crown Pageant / RI Pride. Titleholders must provide all event information and imagery, as applicable, before stated submission and print deadlines. Generally a minimum of 90 days in advance is required for proper promotion.
4. Titleholders must submit an income and expense budget for approval before committing to any events or projects. Titleholders do not have the authority to negotiate financial arrangements or sign contracts on behalf of RI Pride.
5. If any titleholder is found to have misappropriated funds, they will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights, prizes, claims and monies associated with winning the pageant.
6. Titleholders are required to attend at least one (1) meeting of RI Pride a month. i.e. General Membership, Board, Events Committee, etc.
7. Titleholders are required to participate, in crown and sash, in the following MANDATORY community events:
- Imperial Court of Rhode Island Coronation Ball
- Countdown to Pride - May/June
- Rainbow Flag Raising - June
- Boston Pride Parade
- RI PrideFest / Night Parade
- Rhode Island Pride Honors
- Triple Crown Pageant
Incurred expenses related to any of the above mandatory events will be covered by Rhode Island Pride in the form of direct purchase or reimbursement.
8. Titleholders are strongly encouraged to participate, in crown and sash, in the following community events:
- Monthly Gay Bingo
- Other GLBTQ organization events i.e. AIDS Care Ocean State, Imperial Court of RI, Youth Pride, etc.
- World AIDS Day, AIDS Walk RI, Transgender Day of Remembrance/Day of Empowerment
9. Titleholders are required to participate and help with the planning of the following year’s pageant. Participation includes being part of the evening’s festivities and escorting the new title holders to the clubs and/or bars after the event, if applicable. Planning includes attending meetings (generally 4 meetings) to discuss the event, give ideas and give feedback to Committee members about the current Reign and set-up of the next years Pageant.
10. During the reign, titleholders must be outstanding citizens of the community. If during the reign they are arrested and proven guilty of a crime, they will be disqualified and said title will automatically go to the first runner-up in that category.
11. Titleholders are not to be seen intoxicated in public. As role models for the community they should maintain a high standard. Underage drinking will not be tolerated!
12. Rhode Island Pride holds a zero tolerance policy in terms of bullying. Any form of bullying whether physical, verbal, or via cyber (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, emails, etc.) will not be tolerated and will result in removal of title and forfeiture of prize monies.
13. During the year of their reign, to ensure full commitment to the duties of the title, a titleholder may not compete in any other pageant competition, locally, regionally or internationally, and may not become a board member of a conflicting community organization. Individual situations may be evaluated at the discretion of the RI Pride Board of Directors.
14. During the year of their reign, we ask that all titleholders not encroach upon any of their fellow titleholders personas in regards to their public identity. Titleholders should represent their own title to the fullest of his/her ability.
15. All titleholders must recognize the authority and oversight of Rhode Island Pride and work cooperatively with the organization.
16. Title holders may not use their title to promote a product, organization or political campaign without approval from the RI Pride Board of Directors.
17. Prize money is distributed in the following ways: $100.00 in the form of a check given to the winners upon completion of a mutually scheduled orientation meeting with the Pageant Committee. The balance of the prize money ($400.00) will be given after the incumbent’s reign ends and an exit interview has been completed with the Pageant Committee. The balance of the prize money is awarded at the discretion of RI Pride on the basis of completing or being present at the required tasks/fundraisers/events outlined above.
18. Any titleholder that does not behave in an appropriate manner or violates any of the policies and rules set forth in this document is subject to the loss of their title and forfeiture of any outstanding prize monies.
19. All disagreements, misunderstandings or arbitration shall rest solely with the members of the Rhode Island Lesbian and Gay Pride Committee's Board of Directors.
All applicants who completely fill out an application are eligible for consideration. Incomplete applications or inappropriate applications may be denied.
All contestants will be judged in (4) categories: private interview with judges prior to pageant, talent, theme costume, formal wear, and on-stage question. Applicants who falsify information will not be eligible for consideration and will be disqualified.
Applicants irrevocably waive all claims to any and all moving or still photographs against any and all parties involved in the 2017 Triple Crown Pageant and the Rhode Island Pride Lesbian and Gay Pride Committee.
Pre-application fee is $25.00 and is nonrefundable.
Payment of the pre application in full is required before submitting the full application.
All applications are subject to approval by the Triple Crown Pageant Committee and the Rhode Island Pride Board of Directors.
Copyright 2017 © Rhode Island Pride, All Rights Reserved
Rhode Island Pride reserves the right to reproduce, republish or redistribute any text or content from this application/contract.
For reproduction permission or any other copyright issues, contact via e-mail Info@PrideRI.com.