PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
RI Pride is proud to have an event or function every month throughout the year. These programs and projects help LGBTQ individuals develop self-pride and self-esteem. In addition to the annual RI PrideFest and Illuminated Night Parade, RI Pride has produced or sponsored the following programs or services:
- Northeast Regional Pride Conference – participation in an annual conference of pride organizers in New England and the Mid-Atlantic states where RI Pride members present workshops. RI Pride has hosted the conference in the past.
- PrideTV – An innovative tool created for YouTube to reach a wide audience with news and information about the RI Pride Community
- RI PrideFest Video Retrospective – Annual video production that captures the spirit of the annual Pride celebrations.
- Presentations to community organizations and businesses about LGBTQ issues to address homophobia and prejudice.
- PrideFlicks and the LGBTQ Film Festival – LGBTQ-themed movie events.
- Community workshop focused on coming out, identity and self-affirmation.
- Support and organizational development assistance to smaller LGBTQ organizations to enhance programming to their target audience.
- The Goddess Show: A Celebration of Women in the Arts featuring local performers.
- Gallery Q – An LGBTQ themed pop-up art gallery.
- Countdown to Pride – A statewide outreach and information program.
- RI Pride Honors – An awards event in tribute of outstanding members of Rhode Island’s LGBTQ community.
- Triple Crown Pageant – Competition for the titles of Ms. Lesbian, Mr. Gay, and Miss Gay RI.
- Triple Crown Fundraisers – “Crowned ones” act as liaisons to organizations outside of the LGBTQ community to lend support and foster connections.
- Rainbow Flag Raising – A festive, public kick-off event at Providence City Hall in June.
- Business After Hours – Professional networking hosted by RI Pride at both LGBTQ, and non-LGBTQ businesses.
- International Gay and Lesbian Entertainment and Business Expo in New York City – Promoting Pride events and Rhode Island in general.
- InterPride – Participation in a conference for delegates from Pride organizations around the world to meet for networking, education and information exchange.
These events and programs also reach thousands of non-LGBTQ individuals, helping them to gain a better understanding of the LGBTQ community. RI Pride hopes that with better knowledge and awareness by non-LGBT people, prejudice, discrimination, and acts of violence will be relegated to history.